Beautiful Bitch (Beautiful Bastard, #1.5) - Christina Lauren First off, you should know that Beautiful Bitch is book #1.5 in the "Beautiful" series. It comes in between Beautiful Bastard and Beautiful Stranger and focuses on Chloe and Bennett. It could have been released in before Beautiful Stranger because we see Sara and Max (the couple from Beautiful Stranger) quite a bit in the beginning, but it wasn't. And that really doesn't matter to me because it gave me a chance to miss Bennett and Chloe. Enough the the history lesson and onto the book. The main part of the story is few months in the future but we are given flashbacks of important moments between Bennett and Chloe. That's what I was waiting for! We know from Beautiful Stranger that our Bastard and Bitch are engaged but I wanted to read the proposal. Was it romantic? Was it public? Did Bennett get down on one knee? Did Chloe make him work for it? I want to know these things. Christina Lauren has a wonderful way of weaving the past into the present and seeing how far Bennett and Chloe have come as a couple and as individuals. Bennett's advice from his mother sums them up the best... "Don't let yourself fall for someone who'll put your world before theirs. Fall for the powerhouse who lives as fearlessly as you do. Find the woman who makes you want to be a better man."They both fell hard and can finally admit it. Their verbal sparring at work is just foreplay for their private life. Beautiful Bitch is a short and sweet look into Bennett and Chloe's relationship and how they are finding the balance of work and play. He treated me as an equal, and even though I knew he loved me more than anything, he never cut me any slack. For that I loved him even more.And I fell a little more in love with Bennett for that. He knows exactly what Chloe needs and wants to give it to her. Beautiful Bitch was everything I wanted it to be. We were able to peek into the past at moments we missed and see our Beautiful Couple grow. But never, ever make travel plans with them. Like ever.